- Wait at least 48 hours after the grout is applied to let it dry and set.
- Apply penetrating silicone or water based grout sealer to the grout with a small paintbrush.
- Wipe off any excess sealer that has gotten on the tile before it dries.
- Allow the sealer to dry for at least an hour.
- Apply another coat of sealer and allow it to dry for an hour.
- Test the grout. Drop a little water on the grout. If the water beads as if the grout had been waxed, the grout is sealed and you're done. If not, apply another coat of sealer.
Things You Will Need
- A small paintbrush
- Grout sealer
- A rag to wipe excess sealer off the tiles
- The sealant will gradually wear off, so you will need to reapply the sealant every few years.