- Regularly sweep your parquet floor to avoid dust build up. Use a vacuum cleaner to remove dirt and proceed by using a clean damp mop which has been thoroughly wrung out. Do not use abrasive detergents including chlorine based liquids and vinegar solution to clean parquet.
- Mop away any liquid spills on the [parquet flooring](https://homesteady.com/info-10004725-parquet-flooring.html) as it can seep through. Apply a non toxic cleaner or no-rinse cleaning product when cleaning. Select a product that is safe for parquet floors and follow the manufacturer's guidelines.
- Remove dark spots on the floor by using a spirit based solvent. Use caution because it is flammable. Another option is to white vinegar to the affected area and leave it for three to four minutes before cleaning with a soft dry cloth.
- Use a floor polish occasionally that is designed for parquet to bring back the shine lost by the constant usage. Apply a water based acrylic wax to the floor which does not require buffing and let dry.
- Place colorfast rugs and mats on all the entrances leading to the parquet floor to help collect dust and debris. Vaccum and shake them regularly to help keep your floors clean.
How to Clean a Parquet Floor
Parquet is one of the most popular and widely used flooring materials in homes today. They come in a variety of colors and styles. Parquet is a durable material and is a good investment for a long lasting floor. This article provides an easy cleaning and maintenance plan for your parquet floor.