- Clean the school floor thoroughly before waxing it. Remove chairs, tables and other school furniture. Vacuum or sweep the floor to remove dust. Wipe the floor with a wet mop and allow it to dry.
- Apply the wax to the school floor with a mop that has a sponge head, starting from the middle of the room toward the wall. Follow the manufacturer's instructions when applying the wax.
- Let the wax dry thoroughly according to the manufacturer's required time frame. Apply a second application of wax to the floor. Allow the wax to dry thoroughly and then use a clean dry mop to buff the floor to give it a shiny luster.
How to Wax School Floors
School floors get a lot of traffic throughout the school year. Therefore, the floor can become dull after a period of time. Waxing the school floors can help to make them keep their luster and look cleaner for a longer time. Waxing the floor also makes it easier to clean. To wax school floors, you will need a few basic items and the right technique. Waxes can either be nonbuff or buff. Although it is easier to use waxes that don't require buffing, wax that needs buffing provides a lasting effect.
Things You Will Need
- How to Remove Polyurethane From Hardwood Floors
- How to Clean Grime From Floor Tiles
- How to Remove Wax Coating From Porcelain Tiles
- How to Remove Yellow Stains From Whites
- How to Clean Victorian Floor Tiles
- How to Polish Tile Floors
- How to Remove Rubberized Rug Backing From Vinyl Tile
- How to Remove Old Shellac From Wood Floors
- How to Quickly Make Rough Wood Floors Shine & Smooth
- How to Clean Wet Swiffer Residue From Hardwood Floors
- The Best Way to Take Care of Hardwood Floors
- Removing Spilled Honey From Vinyl Flooring
- How to Transition From One Color Tile to Another
- How to Add Texture to Painted Walls