How to Clean Microfiber Furniture
Microfiber furniture gives a classic yet modern look to your home decor. With the soft feeling, it welcomes you after a hard day at work, but it also stands the test of time. Cleaning your microfiber will keep your furniture looking fresh and new.
- Vacuum the furniture thoroughly to remove any dust, debris or sharp items that might tear or damage the furniture.
- Dampen a white cloth with a small amount of dish soap and gently swirl it over any marks, stains or food spots. Take a clean, dry white cloth and briskly rub the newly cleaned area, circling widely into the already dry areas to blend the two together. Repeat occasionally until the furniture is completely dry.
- Remove food that is stuck to the fabric by gently rubbing until the food dissolves. Do not try to pry or pick it off as this will tear the fabric, causing permanent damage to the furniture.
- Use a baby wipe to remove ink, crayons, marker and other tough stains. Baby wipes will also clean away water rings left by washing with straight water or an incorrect detergent.
- Wet a magic eraser and ring out excess moisture to remove sticky substances like gum and candy.
- Keep your microfiber furniture clean with occasional cleansing with the fabric attachment for your steam cleaner. If you don't have a steam cleaner, you can rent one.
- Avoid water rings after cleaning by being careful not to saturate the fabric microfiber when cleaning.
- Be careful not to pry sticky substances from the fabric as this will tear it.