- Pull the sliding screen door open and shut. Look for gaps in the top or bottom of the door. The door must run across the track smoothly and fit in the frame well.
- Adjust it by locating the screw at the base of the sliding screen door. There's usually one screw on each side of the door frame at the base.
- Turn the screw clockwise to adjust the wheel. The wheel raises in the track causing the door to fit more snugly.
- Move to the other end of the door to raise the second wheel by also turning it clockwise.
- Test the door by rolling it back and forth. It should fit snugly and run without sticking or shaking. Check the latch to make sure it still works and that the door lines up properly when it's in use.
Things You Will Need
- Before adjusting the wheels, make sure there's no debris stuck in the sliding door track. The wheel may just be getting caught in some dirt and may actually need cleaning.
- The wheel adjustment screw can be located on the inside edge of the door or on top of the bottom rail.