- Use varying mixtures of vinegar and water for nearly any floor cleaner. Equal parts water and white vinegar can be used to mop linoleum and vinyl floors. One part vinegar and two parts warm water works as a stain remover for carpet. For heavy duty stains, mix equal parts salt, vinegar, and borax. Spread this thick paste over the stain, let dry two to three hours, then wipe up and vacuum.
- Use baking soda, vinegar, and water to clean in the kitchen. Two parts baking soda and one part water create a thick paste perfect for cleaning out the microwave. You can clean and de-grease your drain by pouring 1/2 cup of baking soda down followed by one cup of vinegar. Allow the mixture to bubble for about fifteen minutes, then rinse down with hot water.
- Make a tub and tile cleaner for the bathroom using 1 1/2 cups baking soda, 1/2 cup liquid soap, 1/2 cup water, and 2 tablespoons vinegar. Mix the first three ingredients together, then add vinegar. This scrub can be used on all bathroom surfaces.
- Use vinegar and water to make a window cleaner. Mix three tablespoons of vinegar in a quart of water and pour this mixture into a spray bottle. For a heavy duty window cleaner, reduce the water to two cups and add 1/2 teaspoon of liquid soap.
- Use a mixture of olive oil and vinegar for dusting and polishing furniture. Two teaspoons olive oil in a cup of vinegar will make a good dusting spray. Use three parts olive oil to one part vinegar for a furniture polish.
Things You Will Need
- White vinegar
- Baking soda
- Liquid soap
- Olive oil
- Vinegar, water, and baking soda are the key ingredients in these homemade cleaning solutions. Don't be afraid to experiment a little with these simple ingredients. The smell of vinegar will disappear when the liquid dries, so don't let this deter you from using these solutions!