- Stand the mattress up against an outside wall and vacuum out all the loose dust. When you are satisfied that all dust is removed, turn the mattress over and vacuum the other side.
- Mix together a solution of 1 cup vinegar and 1 gallon of water. Scrub the mixture into both sides of the mattress with a clean wash cloth and allow it to dry.
- Clean both sides of mattress with steam cleaner to make sure you kill off any small pests and draw any remaining dust or pollutants from the mattress. Allow it to dry thoroughly. You don't want mildew or mold within the mattress.
How to Clean a Dusty Mattress
Cleaning a dusty mattress is something that involves a few different steps to ensure it is something you want to sleep on. In order to ensure its cleanliness you will want to clean it not only of dust, but of pollen, animal dander, small insects (like bedbugs) and several other things that could cause you not to get a restful night's sleep. This system of cleaning will give you the best results for cleaning a dusty mattress.
Things You Will Need
- What Are the Differences in Mattress Sizes?
- How to Clean a Wood Crib
- How to Build a Couch With a Twin Bed
- What Kills Bed Bugs?
- How to Firm Up a Soft Mattress
- How to Measure Mattress Defects
- How to Quiet a Mattress
- How to Find a Waterbed Leak
- Flippable Vs. Non Flippable Mattresses
- Do Murphy Beds Need Special Mattresses?
- How to Measure a Queen Size Mattress in Inches
- How to Get Rid of the Smell in a Sobakawa Cloud Pillow
- How to Build Your Own Daybed Trundle
- How to Drain a Waterbed Fast