Laundering Hospital Bed Sheets
- Put on protective eye, hand and facewear to reduce exposure to dangerous pathogens.
- Remove large pieces of soil and debris from the bed sheets and dispose of them in a bio-hazard marked container.
- Roll up the sheets and launder them with half a cup of bleach and a strong laundry detergent. The temperature of the water should reach at least 130 degrees Fahrenheit (54 degrees Celcius). This will aid in killing germs and bacteria on the hospital bed sheets.
- Place cleaned bed sheets into a dryer and adjust the temperature to the highest setting.
- Remove dried hospital bed sheets from the dryer and fit on a clean bed.
Disinfecting Clean Hospital Bed Sheets
- Fill a spray bottle with rubbing alcohol.
- Lightly spray the surface of the bed sheets to further disinfect the fabric and prevent the spread of bacteria.
- Allow the sheets to dry before covering with a clean blanket. The alcohol will evaporate quickly and leave the sheets dry and ready for use.
Things You Will Need
- Latex gloves
- Rubbing alcohol
- Washing machine
- Spray bottle
- Laundry detergent
- Add a fabric softener to the washing machine for more comfortable sheets.