- Clear and remove all items off your deck.
- Mix the oxygen bleach and warm water together in a bucket. The ratio should be six ounces of bleach to each gallon of water. Use the toilet brush to stir the mixture and to help dissolve the bleach powder in the water.
- Place the mixture into a standard sprayer. Spray the deck generously with the bleach mixture and let sit for at least fifteen minutes before scrubbing.
- Scrub the wood deck with a stiff brush and use the toilet brush around the railings.
- Rinse the area you have scrubbed with water.
Things You Will Need
- standard pump sprayer
- scrub brush with a pole attachment
- toilet brush
- bottle brush
- hand scrub brush
- measuring cup
- oxygen bleach
- Seal the deck to increase the time needed between cleanings. Sealed decks will not need to be cleaned as often as unsealed decks.