- Clear any objects away from the pipe, and move it so that you have easy access to its full surface.
- Use a wire brush to scrape away any sludge and contaminants from the surface of the pipe. Take your time and do a very thorough job.
- Use a rag and hot, soapy water to clean the entire surface of the pipe. Use strong dish soap for the easy removal of grease and leftover sludge.
- Rinse the pipe off as completely as possible. Allow the pipe to dry for 20 to 30 minutes before continuing.
- Using a leather shammy, apply a small amount of aluminum polish to the surface of the pipe, working with only a small area at a time. Work your way from the top of the pipe to the bottom, being sure to dry each area before coninuing on.
Things You Will Need
- Wire brush
- Soapy water
- Leather shammy
- Aluminum polish
- If the surface of the pipe has some streaking after polishing, use another dry leather shammy to wipe across the surface and rub out the streaks.