- Insert the proper-sized pipe extractor into the piece of broken pipe. Look at the label on each extractor to see which one is needed.
- Slide your pipe wrench over the end of the pipe extractor.
- Turn the pipe wrench counterclockwise to unscrew the broken pipe from the fitting.
- Remove the pipe extractor from the piece of broken pipe and put the extractor away for future use.
Things You Will Need
- Pipe-extractor kit
- Pipe wrench
- Hammer (optional)
- You may need to tap the extractor into the pipe gently to allow its points to bite into the piece of broken pipe.