- Find smooth rocks that will fit in the palm of your hand. Wash them if necessary.
- Cut squares of fabric large enough to gather around a rock. Pick a print that will enhance your picnic or outdoor occasion, such as satin or organza for a tea or shower, rustic plaid or burlap for camping, and old jeans for a cowboy or Western setting.
- Gather up the corners of each square and secure them around the rock with a rubber band.
- Use a decorative wrap such as ribbon or jute to tie the curtain clip to the gathered fabric, covering the rubber band. If you are using curtain clips with a small curved hook instead of a ring, slip the hook under the rubber band and pinch it with pliers to secure.
- Clip a weight to each corner of your tablecloth. You may want to make some to hang at intervals along the sides.
Things You Will Need
- Scissors or pinking shears
- Rubber bands
- Curtain clip rings
- Decorative string or ribbon
- Pliers (optional)
- A tablecloth weight can be made of any heavy items attached to a clip. Use your imagination and see what you can use --- anything from glass or ceramic beads to washers to small bottles filled with sand.