- Turn off the water to your dishwasher and locate the service panel that runs along the front of your leaking Frigidaire dishwasher. This panel is held on by screws, so make sure you have your screwdriver. Certain Frigidaire dishwasher models have a service panel that simply snaps into place, so you will not need any additional tools to remove it.
- Remove the service plate from the front of your Frigidaire dishwasher. Use your screwdriver to unscrew any screws. If the panel is held in place with hooks, simply pull the panel from the front of the dishwasher.
- Locate the drain hose. This is the hose that removes that water once your dishwasher's cycle is complete. If the connection on either side is loose, use your adjustable wrench to tighten any bolts. This is likely the source of your leak.
- Locate the water inlet valve. This is where the water flows into the dishwasher at the beginning of its cycle. Again, if the connection is loose, use your adjustable wrench to secure the connections at both ends of the inlet valve hose.
- Turn the water to your Frigidaire dishwasher back on, and run the dishwasher on a normal cycle. If the reason for your leaking dishwasher was in fact the loose fittings, you should notice that your Frigidaire dishwasher now runs leak free.
How to Fix a Frigidaire Dishwasher That Is Leaking Water
A leaking Frigidaire dishwasher is a common household problem, but fortunately it is an easy fix with the help a few, common tools. There are a couple of reasons that could be causing your dishwasher to leak onto your kitchen floor. But most likely what has happened is that a few fittings have become loose on the machine. Some simple tightening of these fittings will solve the problem.
Things You Will Need
- How to Replace Thermal Fuses
- How Do I Disassemble the Agitator on My Whirlpool Washer?
- My GE Profile Refrigerator Is Making a Loud Clicking Noise on the Back Panel
- What Would Cause a Washing Machine to Leak?
- What Would Cause My Whirlpool Washer to Trip the Breaker?
- My Maytag Quiet Series 300 Dishwasher Is Leaking