How to Keep a Dishwasher From Tilting Forward When the Door Is Opened
If your dishwasher tilts when you open the door, or the weight of the full racks causes it to rock back and forth it's probably been installed incorrectly. The installation kit comes with a set of brackets that attach to the top of the unit and are then screwed into the underside of the counter top. If the dishwasher was installed by a novice installer, the brackets may not have seemed necessary. Fix the problem with the original brackets or a replacement bracket kit.
Check beneath the counter top for a set of mounting brackets. If none are present, purchase a kit from your local hardware or appliance store.
Carefully pull the dishwasher out from beneath the cabinet.
Slide the lip of each bracket into the mounting holes on top of the dishwasher collar. Bend the tab above the mounting holes over the bracket with a pair of pliers.
Push the dishwasher back into place carefully. Fit an electric drill with a Philips screwdriver bit, and screw mounting screws through the brackets and into the underside of the counter top.
Things You Will Need
- Mounting bracket kit
- Electric drill
- Philips screwdriver bit
- How to Replace the Float Switch Assembly on a Bosch Dishwasher
- My Jenn Air JDB1100AWS Dishwasher Won't Start
- How to Use Rubbing Alcohol to Clean Lenses
- How to Remove Grease Stains From Ceramic Tile
- How to Reset a Maytag MAH8700AWW Washer
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?