How to Fix a KitchenAid Dishwasher Door Hinge
KitchenAid manufactures a variety of appliances, including dishwashers. The access door on a KitchenAid dishwasher opens from the top. This means that the door hinges are located on the bottom corners of the unit. If the dishwasher door isn't closing properly, it is likely the result of a bad hinge. There are quick ways to fix a faulty hinge without the need for calling in a repair person.
Turn off your KitchenAid dishwasher. Unplug it from the electrical outlet so you have access to the whole unit.
Remove the screws on the rear of the dishwasher that hold the side and top panels in place, using the drill.
Remove the side and top panels of the dishwasher.
Open the door of the KitchenAid dishwasher. Locate the metal hinges on the bottom corners of the door.
Check the area where the hinges connect to the door. Make sure that the metal hooks at the end of the hinges are attached to the latch on the door. If a hinge hook is detached, you can reattach it by hand.
Tighten the washers on the opposite ends of the hinges by turning them clockwise with pliers. If your dishwasher door is loose, it is likely the result of a loose washer on the hinge.
Things You Will Need
- Power drill
- How to Replace a Door Seal on the Kenmore HE2 Plus Washer
- How to Remove the Screen on a Whirlpool Estate Dishwasher
- How to Troubleshoot a PF Code for a Kenmore Dryer
- How to Change the Color Panel on a Bosch SHX46A02UC/23 Dishwasher
- How to Repair the Hinges on a Kenmore Dishwasher Door
- Reversing the Frigidaire Affinity Dryer Door