How to Replace the Front Panel on a KitchenAid Dishwasher
KitchenAid dishwashers are manufactured by Whirlpool and are designed for installation below kitchen countertops. Occasionally, a component on your dishwasher will fail, at which point you must disassemble parts of the dishwasher and repair it. If repairing components such as the soap dispenser or door wiper gasket, you must remove the outer front panel of the door to access the components.
Turn off the dishwasher breaker in your home's service panel.
Remove the screws from the bottom-front panel or panels, depending on your KitchenAid model, and then remove the panel or panels.
Open the dishwasher door, and then remove the screws around the inner door panel.
Close the dishwasher door, and then remove the screws from the bottom of the outer door panel.
Pull the outer door panel away from the dishwasher.
Align the new outer door panel, and then install the screws on the bottom of the door.
Open the dishwasher door, and then replace the screws on the inner door panel.
Close the dishwasher door, and then replace the bottom panel or panels, using the screws that were removed.
Restore the dishwasher's power supply by turning on the dishwasher breaker in your home's service panel.
Things You Will Need
- Before removing the front panel of the dishwasher door, it is vital that you disconnect the power supply.
- How Do I Change My Coleman Hot Tub From Economy Mode to Standard?
- How to Fix a KitchenAid Dishwasher Door Hinge
- How to Replace a Whirlpool Dishwasher Soap Dispenser
- How to Remove the Front Cover on an LG Tromm Dryer
- How to Remove an LG Tromm Laundry Detergent Dispenser
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?