- Turn off power to the unit before cleaning.
- Check the indoor heat pump coils. Look for dirt and debris.
- Use a soft brush to clean the coils, brushing off any surface buildup.
- Mix a light detergent with water in a spray bottle. Spray the solution on the heat pump coils, coating the soiled surface.
- Rinse the heat pump coils thoroughly. Wet a cloth and work it between the coils.
- Replace the filter every 30 to 60 days to make sure the air is flowing freely through the unit.
Things You Will Need
- Soft brush
- Spray bottle
- Wear gloves when coming in contact with dirt.