Wet the moldy area in your kitchen, such as the wall or carpet. Apply enough standard dish detergent to the area to create a soapy surface.
Scrub with a sponge to remove as much of the mold growth as possible. Avoid spreading the mold to areas in your kitchen that do not have mold. Discard the sponge after cleaning.
Mix 1 cup of household bleach with 10 cups of water in a plastic bucket or dish. Empty into a spray bottle.
Kill the mold. Spray the surface you scrubbed in Step 2 with the bleach and water solution. Let the bleach sit on the surface for 15 minutes. It will quickly disinfect the counter or wall and kill any residual mold growth.
Use plain white vinegar as an all-natural alternative to bleach. White vinegar is a natural disinfectant. This option is best for light mold growth. Spray the area with vinegar and let sit for 15 minutes.
Wet a rag with fresh water and wipe down the surface to remove the bleach or vinegar solution. Wipe again with another rag or paper towels to dry the surface.
Things You Will Need
- Dish detergent
- Plastic spray bottle
- White vinegar
- Avoid mold regrowth by keeping your kitchen dry. Wipe down surfaces with a towel or rag to remove moisture after washing dishes or preparing food. If your local environment is naturally humid, consider running a dehumidifier to dry out your kitchen's air.