- Clean the surface of the vanity with soap and a damp cloth.
- Sand the top with sandpaper to even the surface and remove any scrapes or stains. Wipe the dust away with a soft cloth.
- Paint the surface with acrylic primer. Once the first coat is dry, apply a second coat. Let the primer dry.
- Paint the surface with a semi-gloss paint of your color choice. Once the first coat is dry, apply a second coat. Let the paint dry.
- Seal the paint job applying two coats of acrylic seal, letting one coat dry before applying another. The higher the shine, the better protection the acrylic seal will provide. The seal will dry relatively quickly.
Things You Will Need
- 2 soft cloths, one damp and one dry
- 1 can primer
- 1 can semi-gloss enamel
- 1 can high-gloss clear acrylic seal
- The acrylic seal will take a few weeks to cure, so don't scrub it during that time. Instead, clean it with a damp cloth. During this time, you should be somewhat gentle with the vanity surface in general. The same process can be used on a wooden vanity as well.