- Fill the water bottle halfway with water. Fill it the rest of the way with bleach or vinegar. If the mold is thick, use a mixture of three-fourths vinegar and one-fourth water.
- Screw the lid on and shake the bottle to mix the solution. Make sure the nozzle is closed to avoid leaking.
- Spray the mold. Allow it to sit for about five minutes. The bleach should start killing the mold. If using vinegar, allow the mixture to sit for about 10 minutes. The vinegar smell disappears after 20 minutes.
- Wipe down the mold with the rag. Use the scrub brush to remove stuck-on mold. Pay attention to corners and underneath the faucet.
- Rinse with water to wash away any mold residue. Rinse out the rag and scrub brush. Add some bleach or vinegar to the laundry when you wash the rag to kill any mold that sticks to the rag.
- Dry off the cleaned area with a dry towel.
Things You Will Need
- Spray bottle
- Scrub brush
- For a quick clean, pour hydrogen peroxide over the mold and rinse.