- Use your grout saw to scrape away all the grout around the loose tile. Take care not to scratch the adjacent tiles.
- If the tile doesn't pop out from removing the grout, use your chisel to get it out. Don't force it out all at once, but gradually work around the base of it, underneath the edges of the tile. Brush away all the debris.
- Use your razor scraper to clean up the back of the tile and the space on the wall, removing all remaining dried glue and grout.
- Use your putty knife to spread tile adhesive on the back of the tile, covering it completely. Press it into place, twisting it slightly to get a good seal. Let it set overnight.
- Use your putty knife to press grout into the space around the tile. Smooth it out with a damp sponge, taking up the excess from the tile surface. Let the grout cure for several days; then apply grout sealer over the lines with a small brush.
How to Glue Loose Bathroom Tiles
A loose tile on your bathroom floor or wall isn't just annoying. Moisture can get underneath a tile that's loose, and under the adjoining tiles, causing more loose tiles, as well as the potential for mildew. Tiles come loose for several reasons, the most common of which is that they simply didn't have enough adhesive under them when they were installed. If the tile's not cracked you can re-use it, but don't try to fix it without extracting it completely first and cleaning up the old glue and grout.
Things You Will Need
- Wear eye protection when digging out the old grout.
- How to Clean the Back of Used Tile Before Reinstalling
- How to Remove Wax Coating From Porcelain Tiles
- How to Finish Off the Space Between Cabinets & Tile Backsplash
- How to Install a Cubby Hole in a Tiled Shower
- How to Refinish Worn Floor Tiles With Clear Glaze
- How to Whiten Grout Lines
- How to Remove Outdoor Tile
- How to Remove Old Grout From Tile Surface
- Is There an Easy Way to Take Tile Off a Concrete Floor?
- How to Clean Stained Bathroom Tiles
- How to Clean Mold off of Grout
- How to Design a Tile Pattern in a Bathroom
- How Can I Get My Shower Tile to Shine?
- How to Reattach Plastic Bathroom Tile