- Determine the right position for the toilet paper holder. Place the main piece of the holder against the wall, and sit at the toilet to verify it is at a comfortable area. Be sure it isn't too far back or too high for everyone who will use it. Make a small pencil mark at the top of the holder and set it aside.
- Use a stud sensor to see if there is a stud near the location chosen. If one is an acceptable position, mark the stud, then place the mounting bracket over the stud and mark the position of the bracket's holes. If there is no stud, use plastic wall anchors.
- Drill pilot holes into the wall, either into studs or for anchors. For anchors, gently tap the plastic piece into the wall until it is flush with the wall board. A light duty hammer or handle of a screwdriver will work to hammer it into the wall.
- Place the mounting bracket in line with the holes or anchors and slowly turn the screws until they are snug but not over-tightened.
- Attach the holder to the mounting bracket by attaching it to the hook at the top of the bracket, then pulling it down flush over the top of the bracket. Carefully tighten the small set-screw at the bottom of the holder. Tighten it fully, then gently pull on the holder to make sure it is secure against the wall.
Things You Will Need
- Toilet paper holder
- Stud sensor
- Plastic wall anchors
- Use a level to make sure the mounting bracket is straight. A straight bracket will keep the holder oriented properly.