How to Remove Crazy Glue
Instant Krazy Glue provides a powerful and fast-drying super glue used to bond a variety of items, from collectibles and dishes to small toys. Introduced in North America in 1973, it remains one of the most popular instant glue brands. The product requires a minuscule amount of glue to work and won't come off unless you use the proper substance. Acetone works best to remove Krazy Glue.
Apply the acetone to a paper towel and dab it over the bonded surfaces. Acetone is the primary substance that will remove Krazy Glue. Find acetone in a hardware store or use nail polish remover, as it contains acetone.
Allow the acetone to sit for 15 to 30 minutes or until the glue has softened.
Remove the softened glue with a dry towel.
Soak your fingers in acetone or nail polish remover to remove Krazy Glue if your fingers get stuck together. Rinse your fingers with water thoroughly.
- If your fingers are stuck but you do not have any acetone available, soak the area with warm soapy water. Slowly roll or peel the skin away, but do not pull apart. Rolling the skin will slowly break down the bonds of the Krazy Glue, and you will be able to separate your fingers.
- If you've used Krazy Glue on plastic glasses lens and need to remove it, try a solvent other than acetone, as it can damage some plastic. Try nitromethane instead, which you can find in hobby stores. Look for items labeled "de-bonders" that contain nitromethane.
Amy Dombrower is a journalist and freelance writer living in Chicago. She worked in the newspaper industry for three years and enjoys writing about technology, health, paper crafts and life improvement. Some of her passions are graphic design, movies, music and fitness. Dombrower earned her Bachelor of Arts in journalism from The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill.
- glue bottle image by Bruce MacQueen from Fotolia.com
- How to Remove the Back Filter Cover From a Kenmore Progressive Canister Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Clean a Tumbled Marble Shower
- How to Change a Thermostat on a Whirlpool Duet Dryer
- How to Clean Toshiba Air Conditioners
- How to Remove Caked-on Grease From Nonstick Pans
- How to Get Rid of the Smell of Tilex