- Turn off the water supply to the faucet by turning the shut-offs under the sink all the way to the right. If there are no shut-offs under the sink, the main water shut-off for the entire house will have to be turned off.
- Remove the old faucet by first using the adjustable wrench to unscrew the water supply lines from the shut-offs or the water pipe and from the faucet stems.
- Unscrew the nuts on the faucet stems under the sink by using the basin wrench. Remove the old faucet and clean the area with mineral spirits and an old rag.
- Roll the plumber's putty into a long enough piece to go around the entire base of the new faucet. If the new faucet has separate pieces, place plumber's putty around the base of each piece.
- Put the new faucet in place making sure it is straight. Fasten the nuts onto the faucet stems underneath the sink with the basin wrench.
- Attach the new water supply lines to the ends of the faucet stems and to the shut-offs or, if no shut-offs, to the water pipes. Do not overtighten.
- Turn on the water. If there are any drips, tighten the nut where the drip is coming from a little at a time until the drip stops.
How to Install Pegasus Faucets
Updating a sink with a Pegasus faucet, known for their fine quality, will add a luxurious look to a bathroom or kitchen. Installing a Pegasus faucet can be done by the homeowner, saving money that would otherwise be spent hiring a plumber. With the right tools and a little preparation the job should not take more than an hour even for a novice.
Things You Will Need
- How to Rebuild Eljer Faucets
- How to Eliminate Odors in Bathroom Sinks
- How to Replace a Bathtub Faucet With a Single Handle
- How to Remove Mineral Deposits From a Faucet
- How to Replace a Water Shut Off Valve
- How to Change a Water Pressure Regulator Valve in a House
- How to Convert to a One Handle Shower Faucet
- How to Attach a New Pipe to the Main Sewer Line
- How to Change O-Rings on a Moen Kitchen Faucet
- Mobile Home Faucet Repair
- How to Remove Hard Water From a Faucet
- How to Fix Leaks in Copper Pipe Fittings
- How to Replace Shower Faucet Stems
- How to Stop a Leak in the Bathtub Faucet