How to Store Bed Linens
To keep your bed linens fresh and wrinkle-free, try these suggestions.
- Wash and dry your washable linens before storing them.
- Remove linens from dryer while still warm so they don't wrinkle. If they're already cool, put them back in the dryer and dry for a couple of minutes with a moist cloth.
- Fold linens.
- Store linens in a cool, dark and dry spot.
- Use cotton, linen or muslin if storing your linens in a garment bag. Don't use anything synthetic.
- Place tags on your linens or on the shelves in your linen closet describing the type and size of item you're storing.
- Place a lavender sachet with your linens to keep them smelling fresh.
- Rotate your linens every six months.
Things You Will Need
- Garment Bags
- Don't store your linens in anything plastic, cardboard or cedar. Each emits fumes and acids that can stain or yellow your linens.
- Avoid storing linens in the bathroom, as the moisture will lead to mildewing.