Make the Essential Oil
- Mix the oil, lemon zest and herbs in the basin of a small slow cooker. Make sure the basin is very clean. Set the slow cooker to low.
- Allow the oil, lemon and oregano to simmer for two hours. Set the timer to remind you to stir every fifteen minutes.
- Line the strainer with cheesecloth. Pour the oil through. Strain the oil at least twice as any remaining herb or lemon will cause the oil to go rancid.
- Fill the small bottle using a funnel.
Make the Cleaner
- Fill the spray bottle with ½ cup of water and ½ cup of vinegar. Add 15 drops of essential oil. Shake to combine.
- Spray the cleaner and wipe with a cloth.
- For extra cleaning power, sprinkle baking soda on the surface and then spray with the vinegar mixture.
Things You Will Need
- Zest of one lemon
- 2 Tablespoons dried oregano or 4 Tablespoons fresh oregano
- 4 ounces olive oil
- Small slow cooker
- Cheese cloth
- Small bottle
- White vinegar
- Spray bottle
- Store baking soda in a shaker designed for crushed pepper to make it easy to sprinkle on tough stains.