- Pour 2 cups water and 1 cup of vinegar into a spray bottle.
- Expose the area of the spa cover that contains the mold or mildew.
- Spray the vinegar solution directly onto the spa cover, covering the entire area of mold or [mildew](https://homesteady.com/facts-5073620-mildew.html) with a thick coating of the cleaner. Let it sit for 2 minutes.
- Scrub the mold off with a cleaning cloth. Continue this procedure until all mold and mildew has been removed.
- Wipe the area with a damp cleaning cloth when finished to remove any leftover cleaning solution.
How to Clean Mold & Mildew From a Spa Cover
A spa cover protects your outdoor spa, preventing leaves, dirt and other outdoor debris from soiling your relaxing spa experience. Since you place the cover over a spa that is often heated, humidity and moisture are factors that lead to mold and mildew growth on the spa cover. If the mold is not cared for and removed, it will spread at a rapid pace, creating an even larger problem. It is important to use cleaning elements that will safely clean the spa cover without introducing harsh chemical cleaning agents to your spa.
Things You Will Need
- Cleaning Solution for Mold & Mildew
- How Do You Clean Water Spots From Glass Table Tops?
- Homemade Pipe-Cleaning Solution
- How to Reset a Craftsman Keypad
- How to Remove Permanent Marker From Dry-Erase Board
- How to Remove Mildew Stains From Fiberglass Bathtubs
- How to Remove Stickers From Stoneware
- How to Remove Marking Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
- How to Get Rid of Mildew Stains From Material and Plastic
- How to Clean an Outdoor Bird Feeder
- How to Reverse the Direction of a Fan
- How to Set the Upper & Lower Thermostats on Dual Element Water Heaters
- How Do I Disassemble the Agitator on My Whirlpool Washer?
- How to Bypass the Thermostat on a Hot Tub