- Pour 1 tsp. of rubbing alcohol onto a sponge.
- Place the sponge onto the surface containing the fluorescent marker stain, and rub the area gently. Continue rubbing until you have removed the marker stain.
- Rinse the sponge in clean water, and wipe the surface to remove the alcohol residue.
Fabric and Clothing
- Spread a layer of paper towels onto a hard, flat surface. Lay the marker-stained fabric on top of the paper towels, with the marker stain facing downward.
- Pour 1 tsp. of rubbing alcohol onto a sponge, and press the sponge against the fabric so that you moisten the area around the stain, but not the stain itself.
- Add another 1 tsp. of rubbing alcohol to the sponge, and apply it directly to the stained area.
- Lift up the fabric, and you will see that the fluorescent marker ink has been transferred to the paper towel. Move the paper towel to a clean section, and lay the fabric back down.
- Press the sponge against the stain, and continue pressing until you have removed the stain from the fabric.
- Set a washing machine to the appropriate cycle, based on the fabric, and add the amount of laundry detergent specified by the bottle. Allow the machine to complete the wash cycle.
- Remove the item from the washer, and check to make sure the fluorescent marker stain is gone. If it is still there, repeat stain removal process, and wash again.
- Place item in the dryer, or hang it up to air dry.