Maytag Clothes Washer Bleach Dispenser Instructions
Some washing machines, including the Maytag washing machine, come with a bleach dispenser. The dispenser is attached to the inside of the machine and dilutes the bleach before it reaches the water. This is important because undiluted bleach can completely ruin clothes. If the bleach is poured directly into the water, the strong chemicals can "burn" holes into your clothing or cause thin clothing to shred apart. If you pour your bleach into the dispenser, it will be diluted and safer for your whites.
Measure out how much bleach you'll need to avoid over-bleaching your clothes. For a regular sized load, about 1 cup of bleach is sufficient.
Pour the bleach directly into the triangle-shaped bleach dispenser, located at the bottom right-hand corner of the washing machine.
Turn the washing machine on to the appropriate setting. Typically, bleach is only used on whites---mostly underwear and under shirts---so the water setting should be on "hot."
Add the laundry detergent to the hot water. Then, add your white clothing and shut the lid of the washing machine.
- If you use non-chlorinated bleach (color safe bleach), pour that directly into the washing machine, not the bleach dispenser.
Andrea Griffith has been writing professionally since 2005. Her work has been published by the "Western Herald," Detroit WDIV, USAToday and other print, broadcast and online publications. Although she writes about a wide range of topics, her areas of expertise include fashion, beauty, technology and education. She holds a Bachelor of Arts in journalism and English from Western Michigan University.
- waschmaschine image by Stefan HÃ¤uselmann from Fotolia.com
- How to Clean Antifreeze out of Clothes
- How to Remove Red Dye Stains From JELL-O
- How to Remove Snot Stains From a White T-Shirt
- How to Open Maytag Dryer Locks Without Keys
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?
- How Do I Change My Coleman Hot Tub From Economy Mode to Standard?