- Cut the pipe end as square as possible with a PEX tubing cutter. The pipe end must be free of burrs and debris for a perfect fit.
- Use the correct crimp tool for the ring. Each crimp ring design is made to work with only one tool.
- Slide the crimp ring up to 1/8 inch away from the fitting. There must be 1/8 to 1/4 inch of pipe showing at the end of the crimp.
- Hold the crimp tool at a 90-degree angle over the ring. This may mean you will need to adjust your physical position to accurately crimp the ring.
- Cover the entire crimp ring with the tool's jaws before making the joint. Take your time and line up the tool over the whole ring and make the connection. Test each crimp with a Go/No-go gauge from the manufacturer by fitting the appropriate openings over the crimp to test its width.
Things You Will Need
- PEX tubing cutter
- Crimping tool
- Go/No-go gauge
- Not following all the manufacturer's installation instructions will eventually lead to leaks.