- Apply a coat of liquid sander to the hardwood floor with a clean cloth. Let it stand on the floor for the amount of time recommended by the manufacturer. Allow the liquid sander to completely dry.
- Mix the stain by shaking the can of stain for approximately 10 minutes. Open the can of stain and stir the stain with a metal stirrer to ensure the stain is mixed.
- Apply a coat of stain onto the hardwood floor with a clean brush. Allow the stain to soak into the hardwood and wipe off any excess stain with a clean cloth. Let the stain completely dry.
- Brush a light coat of polyurethane onto the hardwood floor with a clean brush with long, smooth strokes. Let the polyurethane completely dry.
Things You Will Need
- Liquid sander
- Metal stirrer
- Work with the grain of the hardwood floor.