- Fold the sandpaper to fit your beltless sander's specific model. Fold both ends of the sandpaper 3/8" from away from the edge. The ends of the sandpaper will be clamped and secured at these points.
- Use your fingers to push the sander pad away from the beltless sander, opening the spring. The spring is used to apply pressure to clamp the sandpaper.
- Place the end of the sandpaper between the sander pad and the frame. Insert the sandpaper 3/8" and release your fingers from the pad to release the spring tension. One side of the sandpaper should be clamped between the sander pad and the frame.
- Flip the sander over and use your fingers to push the other side of the sander pad away from the beltless sander.
- Pull the sandpaper tightly down to the other side of the sander pad and insert the 3/8" end between the sander pad and the frame. Remove your fingers from the pad to release the spring tension and secure the sandpaper to the beltless sander.
How do I Put the Sandpaper on a Beltless Sander?
Beltless sanders are great for smaller projects that don't require a lot of torque. Tasks like sanding finishes and paint are ideal for a beltless sander. The sandpaper is mounted to the pad of the sander and pinched between the pad and frame of the sander. Spring tension is used to hold the sandpaper in place, and the sandpaper must be loaded tightly in order to ensure that the project will not be damaged or sanded unevenly.