- Turn off your Maytag and disconnect power to it, either by flipping the current switch or simply unplugging it. Use your Phillips-head screwdriver to remove the screws securing the lint trap. Pull out the lint trap.
- Unhook the door harness latch. Use a Phillip-head screwdriver to remove the four screws that hold the front panel of your dryer in place. Take off the front panel of your Maytag.
- Remove the broken dryer belt by peeling it away from the notches in the tumbler. Guide it around the idler and pull it off of the front motor pulley, then the remove it from the rear motor pulley. Keep record of the order as the reverse will be required to it install the replacement belt.
- Lodge a wooden block below the tumbler to secure it in place as you put in the replacement belt. Fit the new belt in place around the rear motor pulley notches, and then affix it to the front motor pulley. Thread the remaining, final segment of the new dryer belt past the idler and fit it to the tumbler.
- Secure the front panel back on your Maytag. Reach inside the dryer and rotate the tumbler manually one full counterclockwise rotation to tighten the new belt. Refasten the door harness latch. Replace the lint trap. Reconnect electrical current to your Maytag and check for correct operation.
How Do I Replace a Maytag Quiet 200 Dryer Belt?
It's easy to discern when your Maytag dryer is in need of a replacement belt. There will normally be a startling thud followed by a tumbler that no longer rotates your wet clothing. The only way to fix this is to replace the non-operational dryer belt with a factory replacement. The process for replacement is quick and straightforward; it does not require a repairman. From beginning to completion, you should have an operation replacement belt in less than thirty minutes.
Things You Will Need
- How to Change a Thermistor on a Whirlpool Dryer
- How to Replace a Heating Element in a Clothes Dryer
- How to Change the Heating Element in a Kenmore Dryer
- How to Remove the Housing on a PYE2300AYW Maytag Electric Dryer Lint Filter
- How to Replace the Door Handle on a Kenmore Elite HE3 Dryer
- How to Replace a Whirlpool Dishwasher Soap Dispenser
- How to Replace the Temp Sensor on a Whirlpool Electric Duet Dryer
- How to Fix a General Electric Washing Machine Agitator
- How to Replace a Switch on a Kenmore Dryer
- How to Clean the Drum in a Roper Washing Machine
- How to Replace the Belt on a Kenmore Elite Dryer
- How to Replace a Thermal Fuse in an Admiral Capacity Plus Dryer
- How to Change Dryer Outlet
- How to Fix a Loud Screeching Electric Dryer