- Mix together 1 part Simple Green with 30 parts water.
- Pour the cleaning solution into a spray bottle and spray the area of your carpet you want to clean.
- Use a wet soft-bristle brush to scrub the cleaning solution into the carpet fibers.
- Use a damp sponge to rinse each area of your carpet. Blot with a dry absorbent towel until the moisture is soaked up. You can also use a wet-dry vac to extract the remaining liquid.
How to Clean a Carpet With Simple Green
Simple Green is a brand that makes cleaning products, including products for carpet cleaning. The products are economical because you can dilute them with 10 to 30 parts water per 1 part of cleaning product to clean your carpet. Because Simple Green does not contain chlorine bleach, ammonia, petroleum distillates, TSP or formaldehyde, it's generally safe to use around children and pets and will be gentle on most carpet fibers.
Things You Will Need
- How to Clean Cat Poop From the Carpet
- How to Remove Cat Pee
- How to Clean Turkish Rugs
- How to Wash Out Cat Urine
- How to Refresh Carpet
- How to Remove Carpet From Stairs
- How to Run a Chest Freezer on 12V
- How to Clean Rock Salt Out of Carpet
- How to Remove Hard Water Deposits in Teapots
- How to Dissolve Ink
- How to Figure the Square Footage of Siding
- How to Clean Chalk Out of Upholstery
- How to Reverse the Direction of a Fan
- How to Calculate Cooling BTUs