Things You Will Need
- Liquid dish soap
- White vinegar
- Whitening toothpaste
The grape juice in Popsicles can easily stain clothes, carpets and some types of stone floors. Some grape Popsicles also contain food dye that will make the grape Popsicle stain worse and harder to remove.
Work quickly to remove stains, as the longer they sit on an area the more they settle into it and the harder the stains are to remove. Use non-toxic cleaning solutions to avoid contaminating your home’s air quality.
- Mix 1 cup warm water with a few drops liquid dish soap. Use gentle soap that does not contain bleach.
- Blot the soapy solution on the grape Popsicle stain until you remove it. Work from the outside of the stain toward the center.
- Soak a clean cloth in white vinegar if the stain is still visible.
- Dab the stain with the white vinegar until it is gone.
- Dab whitening toothpaste onto the stain if you can still see it. Scrub the toothpaste into the stain with an old toothbrush. Work until the stain is gone.
- Rinse the area with clear water and dry it completely.