- Unplug the Admiral washer before attempting to replace the belt. Slide a putty knife between the top lid and the washer cabinet in the front of the washer, prying up with the knife to detach the lid from the plastic clips on the cabinet.
- Flip the top lid back so it is resting against the wall on the rear hinges. Locate the screws at the bottom of the washer front panel and unfasten them with a screwdriver.
- Lift the front panel up and remove it from the metal hooks at the top of the cabinet, setting the panel out of the way. Using pliers, remove the springs from the bottom of the cabinet that are connected to the motor carriage.
- Unbolt the motor from the motor carriage at the bottom of the cabinet, using a socket wrench to remove the bolts holding the motor. Lift the motor off the carriage and unplug the electrical wiring harness from the motor.
- Remove the old belt from around the motor and transmission pulleys by hand and discard the belt. Place the new belt around the transmission and motor pulleys.
- Plug the electrical wiring harness into the motor by hand and secure the motor to the motor carriage with bolts. Reattach the springs from the washer cabinet to the motor carriage with pliers.
- Place the front panel over the top of the metal hooks in the front of the cabinet and secure the panel with screws at the bottom of the panel. Flip the washer top lid back down over the cabinet and press down to fasten the lid to the plastic clips.
- Plug the power cord of the Admiral washer into the power supply.
How to Fix an Admiral Washing Machine Belt
Fixing the belt on the Admiral washing machine is a job that can be done in about a half hour. Occasionally, the belt that runs from the Admiral washer motor to the transmission that turns the agitator will wear out or become deformed, requiring that it be replaced for the washer to operate properly. The interior of the Admiral washer cabinet can be accessed by removing just a couple of parts. You can fix the belt yourself, saving you time and money.
Things You Will Need
- Never attempt to repair the Admiral washer drive belt while the appliance is still plugged into the power supply.