- Spray your garment with aerosol hairspray. This will help the glitter stay on the garment. However, if you wash the garment, you may need to repeat this step every time you wear the garment.
- Wash the garment by hand, inside out.
- Turn the garment inside out if you must wash it in the washing machine. It should be washed by itself.
How to Maintain Sparkle or Glitter Garments
Often when the chore of laundry gets done, clothes get tossed in the machine together to be washed. But there are some items of clothing that require a special cleaning method such as hand washing or dry cleaning to maintain their sparkle and shine. No matter what type of clothing you own with glitter---pants, shirt, dress, costumes---all require special attention to retain their sparkle. While they look flashy, the glitter on these garments can fade over time and fall off. However, there are a few steps you can take to help maintain a glitter garment.
Things You Will Need
- Some types of hairspray may leave a mark, so test the hairspray out before using it on the glittery garment.
- How to Use Vinegar to Disinfect
- How to Remove Marking Pen Ink Stains From Fabric
- How to Remove Rust From a Stainless Steel Sink
- How to Remove Colors That Bled Onto Whites
- How to Remove Ink and Marker From Leather
- How to Fold a Napkin into a Rectangle
- How to Clean Ink Off Leather
- How to Turn a Gas Oven Off
- How to Remove Yellow Discoloration From Clothes
- How to Remove Stickers From Stoneware
- How to Calculate Air Conditioning Tonnage & Wattage
- How to Refinish a Chair Seat With Rush Weaving
- How to Unlock Door the Door on a GE Washer Model WBVH5100HWW
- How to Remove Wine Stains From Clothing