- Remove one basket coffee filter -- the flat-bottom filter -- from the stack.
- Cut one slit down the side of the basket filter, starting at the top and cutting straight down to the center of the flat surface.
- Hold both sides of the slit vertically, bring them toward each other and overlap them until the filter paper forms a cone the size of your coffeemaker cone.
- Hold the sides together with one hand and get two 1-inch pieces of clear, nontoxic tape with the other hand. Tape the seam formed by the two sides in the middle of the seam with one piece of tape and at the top of the seam with the other.
- Place the now-cone-shaped filter into the coffeemaker filter compartment, scoop in the coffee, add water and press "Start."
Things You Will Need
- Basket coffee filter
- Clear, nontoxic tape
- The makeshift cone filter will seem flimsy when you make it, but because it has the support of the filter compartment while in the coffeemaker, its flimsiness doesn't matter. It will hold up adequately while a pot of coffee brews.