How to Clean the Filter in a Kenmore Ultrawash Dishwasher
The Kenmore Ultrawash dishwasher is a Sears-branded product that can simultaneously clean a large number of dishes. After it has been in use for some time, your Kenmore Ultrawash might stop functioning properly and may not clean your dishes well any longer. A cause for this can be clogging of the dishwasher's filters. However, the filters can be simply removed and cleaned by hand as needed.
Locate the upper and lower filters on the Kenmore Ultrawash dishwasher. The upper filter is on the upper side of the dishwasher while the bottom filter is on the bottom of the dishwasher.
Turn the upper filter counterclockwise 1/4 inch to remove it from its casing. Pull forward on the lower filterm and lift it to remove it from its casing.
Rinse the filters in warm water to remove any built-up debris. Scrub them with a soft brush if they have a lot of debris caked on them.
Slide the lower filter back into the casing and push it into place. Place the upper filter back into its casing and turn the filter 1/4-inch clockwise to lock it back into place.
- Sears: Kenmore Elite White Elite® 24'' Built-In Dishwasher with Ultra Wash HE Filtration
- "Kenmore Elite ULTRA WASH® Dishwasher Use & Care Guide"; Kenmore Company; 2007
Hollan Johnson is a freelance writer and contributing editor for many online publications. She has been writing professionally since 2008 and her interests are travel, gardening, sewing and Mac computers. Prior to freelance writing, Johnson taught English in Japan. She has a Bachelor of Arts in linguistics from the University of Las Vegas, Nevada.
- Jupiterimages/Photos.com/Getty Images
- Trouble in Removing the Back Filter Cover of a Kenmore Progressive Vacuum Cleaner
- How to Reset the Filter on a Daewoo Refrigerator
- How to Wash a Non-Washable HEPA Filter
- How to Clean Filters on a Bissell PowerForce Bagless Vacuum
- How to Clean Calphalon Cookware
- How to Install an Air Filter in a American Standard Freedom 80 Gas Furnace