How to Tint Skylights
A skylight is a tubular device beginning at the roof and ending on the ceiling of a room with a square or circle of glass that directs diffused light into the room to brighten its appearance. Skylights can provide a wonderful addition to a room, but you may also find once you've installed a skylight that the room itself has become overly bright. An easy resolution to this problem involves adding a tint to the glass of the skylight, allowing you to control the amount of light it allows into the room.
- Clean the surface of the skylight with glass cleaner and paper towels. Remove all fingerprints, dirt and smudging.
- Clean the window with the soap and water to remove all chemical substances.
- Peel off the back of the window tint, exposing one sticky side. Apply the sticky side to the surface of the glass.
- Smooth out all bubbles with your squeegee, leaving the tint lying flat over the glass.
- Trim any excess tint from the edges of the skylight with your razor blade.
Things You Will Need
- Glass cleaner
- Paper towels
- Window tint
- Razor blade