How to Mount Rope Light in the Driveway
Rope lighting makes an easy, cost-effective solution to many outdoor lighting needs. Two types of rope lights can be applied to outdoor use--electrical rope lighting and solar rope lighting. Electrical rope lighting requires the use of an outlet, which makes it necessary to run extension cords or install a satellite outlet nearby. Solar rope lighting does not need an outlet. If you don't have a recessed area to install the rope lights, consider using a clear mounting track secured with epoxy.
- Measure the area carefully where you wish to install the rope lighting.
- Lay the rope lighting around the areas you want lit. If recessed areas are available (i.e. the groove between landscaping and pavement), simply press the rope lighting down into the recessed areas, carefully working your way around the entire area.
- Attach a mounting track to pavement using epoxy in areas where no recessed spaces are available.
- Run the rope lighting through the mounting track once the epoxy has dried completely.
Things You Will Need
- Clear mounting track
- For solar lighting, make sure you place the solar panel in an area that gets plenty of direct sunlight.
- To avoid potential falling hazards, never run mounting tracks across walkways, paths or steps.
- Make sure all recessed lighting is pressed down firmly and lays flush with surrounding areas.