- Locate the small hole at the top of the latch's pivoting hinge.
- Thread the piece of thin rope or twine through the hole and tie a double knot to secure it to the hinge.
- Cut the rope from the spool. The length of the rope should be sufficient to reach over the top of the gate, allowing it to be grabbed easily from the other side.
- Tie the end of the rope to a weighted metal ring (a large key ring will suffice).
- Place the string over the top of the gate. Pulling the string downward will lift the hinge and allow your gate to swing open freely.
Things You Will Need
- Thin rope (or twine)
- Weighted metal ring
- Padlock (optional)
- You may wish to padlock the gate's latch for added security. Unlock it only when you know you'll be needing access in and out of the latched gate.