How to Reprogram a LiftMaster Garage Door Remote
The Chamberlain Group, Liftmaster's parent company, has been a leading name in the garage door and garage door opener industry for over 20 years. Chamberlain and Liftmaster are know for the quality of their doors, the safety of their garage door openers and the security of their control panels. After changing the battery in your Liftmaster remote, you can reprogram the remote to the garage door opener overhead motor unit and have it working again in just seconds.
Erase the original programming for the garage door opener remote that you want to reprogram. Locate the "Learn" button on the overhead motor unit. Press and hold the button until the adjacent indicator light turns off, indicating that you have successfully erased the remote's programming. Note that performing this step will erase the programming from all previously programmed remotes.
Reprogram the remote to your Liftmaster garage door opener. Press and release the "Learn" button on the overhead motor unit; the indicator light will turn on and glow steadily for 30 seconds.
Press and hold the large button on your Liftmaster remote until the main light bulbs in the overhead motor unit flash twice to indicate that the remote programming process succeeded. Listen for two confirmation clicks if there are no light bulbs installed in the motor unit.
Repeat Steps 2 and 3 to reprogram additional remotes to operate your Liftmaster garage door opener.
- You can also reprogram your Liftmaster remote using the Smart Control wall panel. Press the "Prog/Learn" button on the Smart Control panel; press the button a second time to access the panel's Learn Mode. Press the large button on the Liftmaster remote; the main light bulbs in the overhead motor unit will flash twice to indicate successful programming.
- Liftmaster remote programming instructions may vary slightly by garage door model. If these instructions don't work for your garage door opener, contact Liftmaster customer service for model-specific programming directions.
- Harbor Breeze Fan Programming Instructions
- How to Remove the Closed Captioning on a Magnavox 27Mt3305/17 TV Without the Original Remote
- How Do I Program a Craftsman 53778 Remote?
- How to Reset a Refrigerator's Defrost Control on a GE Monogram
- How Do I Run a Diagnostic Test on My Whirlpool Duet Sport Washer?
- How to Unlock a Braeburn 5000 Thermostat