- Erase the original programming for the garage door opener remote that you want to reprogram. Locate the "Learn" button on the overhead motor unit. Press and hold the button until the adjacent indicator light turns off, indicating that you have successfully erased the remote's programming. Note that performing this step will erase the programming from all previously programmed remotes.
- Reprogram the remote to your Liftmaster garage door opener. Press and release the "Learn" button on the overhead motor unit; the indicator light will turn on and glow steadily for 30 seconds.
- Press and hold the large button on your Liftmaster remote until the main light bulbs in the overhead motor unit flash twice to indicate that the remote programming process succeeded. Listen for two confirmation clicks if there are no light bulbs installed in the motor unit.
- Repeat Steps 2 and 3 to reprogram additional remotes to operate your Liftmaster garage door opener.
- You can also reprogram your Liftmaster remote using the Smart Control wall panel. Press the "Prog/Learn" button on the Smart Control panel; press the button a second time to access the panel's Learn Mode. Press the large button on the Liftmaster remote; the main light bulbs in the overhead motor unit will flash twice to indicate successful programming.