- Layout the backsplash outlet location on the vertical surface of the backsplash, then mark the perimeter outline of the outlet opening using a pencil and straightedge. Verify that the outlet hole laid out is plumb and level with a torpedo level.
- Drill a 1/4-inch hole at each inside corner of the outlet hole perimeter marked in Step 1 using an electric drill.
- Cut the outlet opening in the backsplash using a jigsaw mounted with a fine-toothed, down-cutting wood blade to minimize chipping of the laminate at the edge of the cut.
Things You Will Need
- Tape measure
- Torpedo level
- Electric drill
- Drill bit, 1/4-inch
- Jigsaw with fine-toothed, down-cutting wood blade
- The edge of the torpedo level can be used as a straightedge in marking the outlet hole layout.