- Wash any cushion covers that are washable.
- Place cushions outdoors in a well-ventilated, sunny area for several hours to air them out.
- Remove drawers and open cabinets.
- Wipe out the inside of drawers and cabinets with a solution made of 9 parts water to 1 part bleach.
- Place a container full of baking soda or vinegar inside cabinets and drawers overnight.
- Tuck scented fabric softening sheets under cushions and inside drawers and cabinets for lasting fresh scent.
How to Remove Smell From Old Furniture
If you purchase antique furniture or if someone gives you the gift of an older piece of furniture, you may be faced with the challenge of removing a musty smell from the piece. Odors can be caused by a number of factors, including dust, mold and mildew. By properly treating the foul smell, you can make the piece of furniture a welcome addition to your home or a profitable item to sell.
Things You Will Need
- How to Clean Converse Shoes
- How to Get an Odor Out of Plastic
- How to Store Royal Icing Flowers
- How to Measure a Chain-link Fence for Paint
- How to Get Stains Out of Quilts
- How to Get Marker Out of Fabric
- How to Remove Ink Stains on Bags
- How to Clean Baby Bottles So They Won't Get Yellow
- How to Remove Mold From Colored Fabric
- The Best Way to Get Rid of Mold
- How to Get a Raspberry Stain Out
- How to Treat Used Furniture for Bed Bugs
- How to Clean a Refrigerator With Bleach
- How to Remove Dishwasher Stains