- Prepare a bucket of warm water with woodwork/furniture cleaner. Wash the woodwork thoroughly with a cloth rag. Allow the woodwork to dry.
- Sand the woodwork with fine-grit sandpaper until the shine on the woodwork is completely removed. Removing the shine will allow the primer and paint to adhere to the previously-stained woodwork.
- Wipe the sanded woodwork down with a tack cloth to remove any dust from the wood surface.
- Apply a coat of primer to the woodwork with a paintbrush. Allow the primer to dry at least for hours before continuing.
- Paint the woodwork with a paintbrush. Apply a second coat if you desire to have a more durable finish. Allow the paint to dry at least four hours between coats.
Things You Will Need
- Woodwork/furniture cleaner
- Cloth rag
- Sandpaper, fine-grit
- Tack cloth
- Paint the woodwork a contrasting color to the walls to further accent the room features.