- Fill the sink with hot, soapy water using any standard dish soap. Remove the burner coils from the Electric Frigidaire stove by lifting them up on the side that is not connected to the stove and pulling them toward you and away from the electrical unit. Once the burner coils are removed, lift out the drip pans and put them in the water.
- Place the burner coils on a towel next to the sink. Do not submerge the coils into the water.
- Dip a dish brush into the soapy water to wet it. Pick up the first burner coil and brush off any caked-on food. Then brush the entire burner coil to remove any build-up. Repeat for the other burner coils.
- Look at the electrical component of the burner coil where it plugs into the stove. If the plug appears dirty, wipe the plug vigorously with a dry dish cloth to remove the dirt. If some dirt won't come off, scratch it with your fingernail. Avoid getting the plug wet.
- Rinse the coils by wetting a dish cloth with clean water and wiping the coils to remove soap residue. Allow the burner coils to sit out on the towel until they dry fully before returning them to the stovetop.
- Clean the drip trays while you wait for the burner coils to dry. Wash the drip trays as you would any normal dish, using the dish brush to remove caked-on dirt. Rinse the trays after washing and set them out on a towel to dry. Once the trays and burner coils are dry, return them to the stove.
Things You Will Need
- Dish soap
- Dish brush
- Dish cloth
- If the burner coil plug appears corroded instead of dirty, Frigidaire recommends replacing the coil as soon as possible.
- Like most oven manufacturers, Frigidaire also manufactures a few oven models with smooth tops. These stoves do not have burner coils, but instead have a single flat ceramic surface with the burners built in. Frigidaire recommends the use of CookTop Cleaning Creme and a non-abrasive scrubbing sponge to clean their smooth top stoves.
- You do not need to clean the burner coils on your stove every day, but if you want to keep food from becoming caked onto the burners, you should clean the burners whenever food spills or boils over onto them. In most cases, you can remove spills on a burner coil by cleaning it with a dish cloth or brush and dish soap just as you would the rest of the stove top.