- Lift the carpet and pull it away from the ceramic tile for a few inches.
- Hammer the Z-bar transition as close to the ceramic tile as possible. Use the provided nails to attach the Z-bar to the subfloor.
- Trim the carpet, using a utility knife. Leave 1 inch of carpet that extends past the Z-bar transition.
- Fold back the excess carpet and place it into the Z-bar transition.
- Hammer the Z-bar transition closed, sealing the carpet into the Z-bar.
Things You Will Need
- Z-bar transition
- Utility knife
- Work gloves
- Wear gloves to help prevent injury from the spikes on the Z-bar transition.