- Fill the bucket with warm water. Add 1 tbsp. of liquid dish soap to the water and stir the water gently with your hand.
- Dip a clean soft rag in the water and wring it almost dry with your hands. Wash the window glass, the windowsill and any wooden or metal panes with the damp rag, changing the water in the bucket if it becomes too dirty.
- Empty the bucket and refill it with warm water and 1/4 cup ammonia. Dip a clean soft rag in the water and wring it almost dry. Wipe down the window glass, sill and panes.
- Immediately wipe down the window glass, sill and panes with a clean soft dry rag, wiping until the glass is dry.
Things You Will Need
- Liquid dish soap
- Soft rags
- Wash old window glass on a cloudy day to minimize streaks caused by water drying too quickly on the glass.
- Old diapers make excellent rags for this cleaning project.