- Turn off the water supply to the pipe that will be repaired. Put on rubber gloves to protect hands during work.
- Wipe the outside of the pipe, around the damaged area, with a rag to remove dirt or debris that could interfere with the repair.
- Add cold water to a container. Place a roll of epoxy tape pipe wrap in the water and allow to sit for 30 seconds.
- Remove the epoxy tape pipe wrap from the cold water. Wrap the tape around the pipe beginning below the damaged area. Wrap the tape up over the damage and then beyond for a proper seal.
- Massage the epoxy tape wrap on the pipe with your hands. Rub the epoxy tape in the direction in which it was applied on the pipe. Continue rubbing and smoothing the tape until it begins to harden.
Things You Will Need
- Rubber gloves
- Epoxy tape pipe wrap
- Cold water
- Allow the epoxy tape to harden for 30 minutes before turning the water supply back on.